The Aims and Objectives of CHIGURU
1) To provide specialized education for the mentally challenged and
undertake their rehabilitation by setting up the following:
a) Center for specialized education adopting procedures prescribed and
authorized by National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped (NIMH)
b) Vocational Training Centers.
c) Sports and Recreation Centers ; and by :
d) Empowering differently - ABLED children with Computer Education.
e) Developing Speech Language and Communication
f) Introducing early intervention programmes .
2) To encourage counselling sessions to parents by professionals to
provide guidance for prevention of disability in families.
3) To keep in touch with recent developments in training and education
for the Mentally Challenged through continuous interactions with various
National and International Institutions.
4) To set up Out-Reach Programmes to cater to the urban slums.
5) To set up additional services like:
a) Counselling for Autism Cases on one to one basis.
b) Home management Programmes & periodic review for the profoundly
c) Training for parents and caretakers to manage the mentally
d) Extra training in sports, creative arts and vocational skills.
e) Attracting the attention of industrial and corporate establishments
to the plight of differently-ABLED children and securing their
employment at permissible age.